12 Types of Kaal Sarp Dosh present in Kundli
Posted on: Sep 10, 2022
Anyone with little or non-knowledge of Vedic astrology may still know or at least heard the term Kaal Sarp Dosh. It is feared by many and why not, it brings with it many obstacles that may uproot the native’s life.
Understand what is Kaal Sarp Dosh
Rahu and Ketu are mathematical nodes, popular as shadow planets. However, in astrology, they are notorious in nature. When these are placed in a straight line i.e at 180 degrees angle, the dosh is called the Kaal Sarp Dosh. Health, financial, and marital aspects of the native’s life undergo stress and suffer tremendously.
Types of Kaal Sarp Dosh
According to the position of Rahu and Ketu, there are 12 types of Kaal Sarp Dosh present in Kundli. Let us look at each of them in detail and its possible remedies.
- Anant Kaalsarp Dosha - Rahu is in the first house, while Ketu is in the 7th house. So all the planets in between these positions get affected. The native faces constant challenges and hurdles and often loses hope.
Remedy - If the native is a student then chant the Saraswati mantra. Reading Hanuman Chalisa for 40 days consecutive days 5 times a day brings significant relief.
- Kulik Kaalsarp Dosh - Rahu in Second house, while Ketu in the 8th house. The native faces constant humiliation, economic losses, and debt.
Remedy - wearing a copper bracelet on Tuesday in the right hand. Lighting a diya from mustard oil in front of Lord Hanuman on Saturday.
- Vasuki Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu in 3rd house, while Ketu in the 9th house. In this dosh not only does the native suffer but parents, siblings and people associated with them also suffer. There is a lack of peace within the family circle which leads to conflicts.
Remedy - Reading Hanuman Chalisa and Bajrang Baan r5 times a day for 40 consecutive days bring around some relief.
- Shankhapal Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu in the 4th house, while Ketu is in the 10th house. Native faces financial hardship, disease and disorder. Family life hits a new low.
Remedy - On a Friday release coconut in water. Hanging Hanuman Bahuk in red cloth on the south side of the house. This has to be done on Tuesday.
- Padam Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu is in the 5th house, while Ketu is in the 11th house. Proves detrimental if the native is in his/her student life. For grown-ups, health issues and career issues may come up.
Remedy - Hang copper naag on the door of the house in red cloth.
- Mahapadma Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu is in the 6th house, while Ketu in the 12th house. Native wins over enemies. Wisdom gets enhanced, unlike other Kaal Sarp dosh. But in the long run peace of mind may get lost.
Remedy - Chant Hanumalisa once daily for 40 days consecutively and pray with devotion.
- Takshak Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu in the 7th house, while Ketu is in the 1st house. Delay in marriage or divorce.
Remedy - Recite Sundarkhand. Recite Ganapati Atharvashirsha on Poornima
- Karkotak Kaalsarp dosh- Rahu in 8th house, while Ketu in the 2nd house. Native face severe hindrances in wealth generation. Losing a well-deserved promotion or a deal is snatched at the last minute.
Remedy - Adorn the Shiv yantra made in silver on neck
- Shankhachur Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu is in the 6th house, while Ketu is in the 12th house. Desires get fulfilled very late so there is frustration in the native’s mind.
Remedy - Observe fast on Monday and recite Mahamrityunjaya Mantra.
- Ghatak Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu in 10th house, while Ketu in the 4th house. Native becomes arrogant and both personal and professional bonding suffer. Serving their mother helps but she may not reciprocate.
Remedy - Recite Ganapati Atharvashirsha on Poornima
- Vishdhar Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu is in the 11th house, while Ketu is in the 5th house. Obstacles for students seeking higher education. Can suffer property loss in these times.
Remedy - Recite Hanuman Chalisa daily.
- Sheshnag Kaalsarp Dosh- Rahu in the 11th house, while Ketu is in the 5th house. Obstacles for students seeking higher education. Can suffer property loss in these times. Constant hard work. Native may remain jobless
Remedy - Adorn the Shiv yantra made in silver on the neck
- When can the Dosh Pooja be done?
A good astrologer will tell you a date after seeing your horoscope. However, Amavyasa is considered Ideal for pooja.
- How can one predict if a native has KaalSarp dosh?
Only a learned astrologer can predict the dosh after seeing your Kundli.